Children’s Cove provides a compassionate, efficient, child-friendly facility for child abuse intervention. Children and families journey through a streamlined process which reduces the chances that the children are re-traumatized and preserves the best evidence for investigators.
Children’s Cove staff facilitates an under-one-roof collaboration of social and legal agencies to protect, treat and counsel child abuse victims and their families, and to investigate and prosecute the abusers. Our list of current partners includes:
- The Cape & Islands District Attorney’s Office
- Barnstable County
- Massachusetts Department of Mental Health
- Cape Cod Healthcare
- Massachusetts Department of Children and Families
- Law Enforcement: Barnstable, Nantucket and Dukes Counties
With more than 730 Child Advocacy Centers in the U.S, Children’s Cove is the only agency of its kind that provides the Cape & Islands with such comprehensive services.
Children’s Cove provides leadership within the Cape & Islands community. In an effort to help educate professionals who work with children, Children’s Cove provides trainings and resources to schools, summer camps, daycare centers, fire/police departments, and other community agencies. Children’s Cove also hosts an annual conference on child abuse. Children’s Cove continues to spread awareness amongst the Cape & Islands community with the belief that awareness can empower children to report right away.
To provide coordinated and comprehensive multidisciplinary services to child victims of sexual abuse/serious physical abuse and their families.
Children’s Cove will be recognized as the foremost advocacy center for ensuring the comprehensive care of child victims of sexual abuse/serious physical abuse on Cape Cod and the Islands.
- Respect and advocacy for the rights and safety of children
- Promoting awareness and prevention for the community and partner agencies through education
- Enhancing our collaboration with partner and community agencies
- Dedication to continued education for all Children’s Cove staff and associates
- Recognition for the need to be culturally sensitive and aware of the diverse populations of the community
- Involvement of the non-offending family members as an essential element in the healing process