We are dedicated to ensuring that
children in our community are safe from abuse. If you’d like to join us in making a real difference in the lives of children and families, keep checking back for new openings.
Mental Health Coordinator
Children’s Cove is the Cape and Islands Child Advocacy Center. The Mental Health Coordinator would be responsible for the collaboration and coordination of services for children and families, particularly connections to appropriate mental health referrals and other community based services for victims of child sexual abuse, severe physical abuse, witness to domestic violence and child exploitation and trafficking.
· Manage referrals for mental health for all children seen at Children’s Cove.
· Manage and further develop the Children’s Cove TIPnet (Trauma Informed Provider Network).
· Maintain contact with families and partner agencies related to referrals and other
community services arranged on behalf of children and non-offending care givers.
· Oversee and manage all aspects of mental health capacity building projects with
partner agency staff.
· Attend and participate in state wide mental health subcommittee meetings as scheduled
by the MA Children’s Alliance. (state chapter).
· Representative at various statewide meetings, public forums, internal case triage
meetings and case review meetings.
· Assists with community education, outreach and professional trainings on child abuse issues.
· Provide supportive services and crisis management when needed for families
present at Children’s Cove.
· Maintains linkage agreements between community providers and Children’s Cove.
· Ensure accurate tracking and charting of all referred cases in agency database.
· Responds to subpoenas and/or summons from the Court as requested.
· Assist with case coordination, case management and follow up for children and families.
· Assist with agency functions related to operations and service delivery.
· Documentation of statistical requirements as needed.
· Makes frequent contact with the public regarding referrals and requests for service
from and to other agencies. Will make contact with the Department of Children and Families; District Attorney’s Office; hospitals; mental health providers and advocacy organizations.
For a full job description visit here
Please submit resume and cover letter no later than March 17, 2017, NOON addressed to:
Human Resources Director
PO Box 427
Barnstable, MA 02630
AmeriCorps VISTA Volunteer Coordinator
Children’s Cove: The Cape & Islands Child Advocacy Center is recognized as the foremost advocacy center providing comprehensive and coordinated multidisciplinary services to child victims of sexual abuse, serious physical abuse, witness to domestic violence and child sexual exploitation and trafficking.
Responsibilities include managing the recruitment of volunteers for awareness events in the community, creating and organizing ongoing trainings for volunteers and assist and attend awareness and outreach events in the community
This is a full time one-year term of service. The AmeriCorps VISTA member must be a U.S. citizen, national, or legal permanent resident alien of the United States. Must be at least 18-years-old. Bachelor’s degree required. Must be willing to submit to and pass a criminal background check (CORI). Must have valid and active driver’s license.
Visit the AmeriCorps VISTA Campus website for more information on the benefits of service.
Apply online only here
Since Children’s Cove’s inception in 1997, we have welcomed many college students to participate as interns. Children’s Cove offers unpaid internship opportunities for Bachelor’s and Master’s level students in many program areas. Student interns become vital members of the Children’s Cove staff, volunteering weekly over the course of a semester. Our internships offer the benefit of training and experience working at a successful human services organization serving the Cape and Islands community.
Internships will require:
· Completion of application and submission of resume
· An in-person interview
· Successful completion of background check
· Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s or Master’s level program or at a 4 year accredited university.
The work is very rewarding and we look forward to meeting and working with those who want to give back to the community through our Center. Thank you for your interest.