Employment and Internships
Children’s Cove is a department of Barnstable County. We are dedicated to ensuring that children in our community are safe from abuse, and provide the multi-disciplinary response to child sexual abuse, severe physical abuse, witness to domestic violence and commercial sexual exploitation of children.
If you’d like to join us in making a real difference in the lives of children and families, we invite you to inquire about specific opportunities that may be available.
AmeriCorps VISTA Community Programs Coordinator
Children’s Cove: The Cape and Islands Child Advocacy Center, located in Barnstable, MA, is actively seeking a 12-month AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) Volunteer for FY 20-21. Children’s Cove’s mission is to provide coordinated and comprehensive multidisciplinary services for children who have been sexually abused, severely physically abused, have witnessed domestic violence or have been commercially sexually exploited (trafficked). Children’s Cove serves the regions of Cape Cod, Nantucket, and Martha’s Vineyard. The VISTA will become a strategic member who strengthens the Cove’s organizational capacity in significant ways by:
- Providing prevention education to youth within the region’s school districts through the Teen TASK (Taking A Stand for Kids) Force
- Helping to mitigate the prevalence of child sexual abuse by recruiting and training a specialized cohort of volunteers who serve at special events and promotional forums
- Assisting the Cove’s Community Outreach and Education Coordinator and Family Advocate with the design and implementation of programs and events
If you would like to apply, or would like to learn more, please visit here.
Since Children’s Cove’s inception in 1997, we have welcomed many college students to participate as interns. Children’s Cove offers unpaid internship opportunities for Bachelor’s and Master’s level students in many program areas. Student interns become vital members of the Children’s Cove staff, volunteering weekly over the course of a semester. Our internships offer the benefit of training and experience working at a successful human services organization serving the Cape and Islands community.
Internships will require:
- Completion of application and submission of resume
- An in-person interview
- Successful completion of background check
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s or Master’s level program or at a 4 year accredited university.
The work is very rewarding and we look forward to meeting and working with those who want to give back to the community through our Center. Thank you for your interest.
Please visit the Barnstable County website for more information, deadlines, and to apply.