Employment and Internships
Children’s Cove is a department of Barnstable County which provides the multi-disciplinary response to child sexual abuse, severe physical abuse, witness to domestic violence and commercial sexual exploitation of children. We are dedicated to our vision to create a community where children are free of abuse, have a voice that is heard, and where they enjoy healthy, safe, and empowered lives. If you want to support that vision and our mission, consider employment at Children’s Cove.
As an employee of Barnstable County, you are offered a great career opportunity. In addition, if applicable, The County’s total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits including:
- 75% county paid Health and Dental Insurance premiums with incentive-based wellness programs
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Assistance programs
- Low cost basic GROUP LIFE INSURANCE and Voluntary life insurance
- AFLAC Benefits
- Barnstable County Pension Plan and optional voluntary Deferred Compensation 457(b) plans
- 15 paid holidays per year and competitive Sick, Vacation and Personal Time
- Tuition Reimbursement for employee at colleges and universities
- Short-Term and Short Term/Long Term Disability participation options
- Professional Development and Continuing Education opportunities
If you’d like to join us in making a real difference in the lives of children and families, we invite you to inquire about specific opportunities that may be available.
We are currently not hiring.
To learn more about other opportunities which are available at Barnstable County, visit the main County website here.
Since Children’s Cove’s inception in 1997, we have welcomed many college students to participate as interns. Children’s Cove offers unpaid internship opportunities for Bachelor’s and Master’s level students in many program areas. Student interns become vital members of the Children’s Cove staff, volunteering weekly over the course of a semester. Our internships offer the benefit of training and experience working at a successful human services organization serving the Cape and Islands community.
Internships will require:
- Completion of application and submission of resume
- An in-person (or remote video) interview
- Successful completion of background check
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s or Master’s level program or at a 4 year accredited university.
The work is very rewarding and we look forward to meeting and working with those who want to give back to the community through our Center. Thank you for your interest.
We are now accepting applications for Staff Support Interns for Summer/Fall 2022.
Please visit the Barnstable County website to apply