Employment and Internships
Children’s Cove is a department of Barnstable County which provides the multi-disciplinary response to child sexual abuse, severe physical abuse, witness to domestic violence and commercial sexual exploitation of children. We are dedicated to our vision to create a community where children are free of abuse, have a voice that is heard, and where they enjoy healthy, safe, and empowered lives. If you want to support that vision and our mission, consider employment at Children’s Cove.
As an employee of Barnstable County, you are offered a great career opportunity. In addition, if applicable, The County’s total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits including:
- 75% county paid Health and Dental Insurance premiums with incentive-based wellness programs
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Assistance programs
- Low cost basic GROUP LIFE INSURANCE and Voluntary life insurance
- AFLAC Benefits
- Barnstable County Pension Plan and optional voluntary Deferred Compensation 457(b) plans
- 15 paid holidays per year and competitive Sick, Vacation and Personal Time
- Tuition Reimbursement for employee at colleges and universities
- Short-Term and Short Term/Long Term Disability participation options
- Professional Development and Continuing Education opportunities
If you’d like to join us in making a real difference in the lives of children and families, we invite you to inquire about specific opportunities that may be available.
Pediatric Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner
The Department of Public Health (DPH) seeks a caring and compassionate Nurse Practitioner to join a multidisciplinary team at Children’s Cove, the Cape & Islands Child Advocacy Center (CAC), located in Barnstable, MA. DPH will provide the chosen candidate with on-the-job training to become a certified MA Pediatric Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (Pedi SANE) Nurse Practitioner. The chosen Nurse Practitioner candidate will learn that a trauma-informed patient interaction may provide a protective factor following an Adverse Childhood Event (ACE), such as sexual abuse/assault, and will use such knowledge to inform patient care encounters with children and families.
Ideal candidates will be committed to joining with the SANE Program to improve the quality of life for all Commonwealth residents while eliminating the inequities that impact the lives of people of color and persons with disabilities, who are disproportionately affected by sexual violence. The ideal Nurse Practitioner candidate will acknowledge the history of structural racism in the U.S. and its impact on health outcomes, as well as its role in the perpetration of sexual violence.
To learn more or apply visit the MassCareers Job Opportunities page here.
Since Children’s Cove’s inception in 1997, we have welcomed many college students to participate as interns. Children’s Cove offers unpaid internship opportunities for Bachelor’s students in our direct services program. Student interns become vital members of the Children’s Cove staff, volunteering weekly over the course of a semester. Our internships offer the benefit of training and experience working at a successful human services organization serving the Cape and Islands community.
Internships will require:
- Completion of application and submission of resume
- An in-person interview
- Successful completion of background check
- Current enrollment as Junior or Senior in a Bachelor’s program at a 4 year accredited university.
The work is very rewarding and we look forward to meeting and working with those who want to give back to the community through our Center. Thank you for your interest.
We are not accepting applications for Staff Support Interns at this time.
To learn more about Internships at Children’s Cove, please contact Beth Mitchell, Deputy Director, at Beth.Mitchell@childrenscove.org